Governance at St. George's
The role of the Governing Board of St George’s CA VA Primary School is a strategic one, and its key functions are to:
- set the aims and objectives for the school;
- set the policies for achieving those aims and objectives;
- set the targets for achieving those aims and objectives;
- monitor and evaluate the progress the school is making towards achievement of its aims and objectives;
- be a source of support and challenge to the Headteacher (a critical friend);
- be ultimately accountable for welfare, well-being, safeguarding and education of all the children at St George’s, and for the health and safety of our whole school community.
Each individual governor is a member of the Governing Board. Individual governors may not act independently of the rest of the Governing Board; decisions are the joint responsibility of the Governing Board.
The Headteacher (Mrs Helen Wemyss) is responsible for the internal organisation, management and control of St George’s School and the implementation of the strategic framework established by the Governing Board. She is also a member of the Governing Board.
Below you can access Governors' recent Newsletters to parents and our local community