Our Outstanding Church School
St George’s Church of England VA Primary School, established upon Christian foundations, and living out the Christian faith, is committed to providing every child with an excellent education.
We have established close ties with St. George's Church, Langton Matravers, and our pupils enjoy visiting the church throughout the academic year, as well as partaking in public performances celebrating religious events, such as the Harvest Festival, Nativity and Easter.
We welcome guest speakers to whole school worship and are lucky to have ties with several local church representatives, who freely give up their time to both promote and celebrate our religious themes each half term. For instance, 'Open the Book' perform regularly - a calendar date which our children look forward to with great anticipation.
Our half-termly themes for worship during 2019-20 are based on the 'Roots and Fruits' scheme, supporting spiritual and moral development in schools:
Autumn 1: Generosity
Autumn 2: Compassion
Spring 1: Courage
Spring 2: Forgiveness
Summer 1: Friendship
Summer 2: Respect
Our Christian values and faith lead us to fulfil our commitment to our children by:
- Creating a secure, caring and forgiving environment
- Striving to provide excellence in teaching and learning to enable each child to realise his or her full potential
- Valuing and respecting each and every individual
- Fostering a sense of curiosity and excitement about the world in which we live
- Equipping every child with the life skills and confidence to make a positive contribution and to exercise each individual's gifts and talents
- Nurturing respect for other faiths and understanding how the Christian faith is distinctive
- Working in partnership with home, Church and the wider community
- Experiencing worship, thankfulness, celebration and prayer at the heart of school life
In summary, everything we do is underpinned by the four Christian core values found in our school community: Love, Truth, Forgiveness and Respect.
We have a SIAMs inspection approximately every five years to assess both the overall quality of our provision as well as the Christian ethos and distinctiveness of our school. Please click here to access our most recent outstanding inspection report.